Monday, 9 October 2017

60 Second Film Competition Entry And Evaluation

The stalking



My film meets some of the criteria targets that were set, however some are not met. My film opens with the requested title and high angle shot in the first sequence, I think this engages the audience well as this transitions to music being incorporated within the film.
All together I used three different camera shots and two different camera angles. To improve my film I must use a more varied range of camera angles and shots because the viewers attention could be lost quickly.

If I was asked to do this again I would begin by slightly altering my story idea as it could help with increasing the length of my film if I had a wider take on the storyline. Secondly I would try to improve my camera work, not only by steadying my hands but using more professional shots that could better suit my story line or scene.

My music video contained Non-diegetic music throughout and changed towards the end to faster paced music which worked well in my opinion. Diegetic sounds are also another thing I would add into my work to develop the relationship between the audience and the characters.
Mise-en-scene was not heavily incorporated into my work as propps,lighting and the setting didn't effect my film, however the costume my character wore was vital and had to be plain and dark to set the mood of a dingy back story.

1 comment:

  1. It would have been nice to have seen you take the time to ensure that all criteria from the set brief were met Arun.

    I like the idea for your short film (not 'music video' as you state at the start of your final paragraph) and you manage to build up a sense of the character being stalked.

    You state at the end that "props, lighting and setting didn't effect (sic) my film" and this is something that you would need to consider in future projects as they should be a crucial part of your video work.

    Not a bad effort though with a reasonable evaluation.

    ReplyDelete